Monday 2 November 2015

My first ever blog post!!!!

Whats to come.......

Well I am excited to finally be writing a blog.  


I have been in the tyre trade for about 10 years now, I work for my family business in West Sussex which is how I got into the trade.  As the years have gone by I have worked with tyres in many different ways.  I have been in the buying department, wholesale, retail and marketing and advertising.  


As my knowledge of tyres has grown so has the realisation that consumers are really uneducated when it comes to tyres.  It scares me to see the state of the tyres I see parked up in car parks and at the side of the road.  It terrifies me to think people have passengers and children on board and yet have no idea that their tyres are not only illegal but could cause a serious accident.  Your tyres are the ONLY point of contact with the road, so why do we pay such little attention to them?  


Tyres are a real nuisance to people when they need replacing and more and more today you hear of people wanting "part worn" tyres!!! Maybe they should be renamed "part safe".  Why would you want to put a tyre on your car that might have some usable tread but might also have been in an accident and could blow out at any moment?  Yes they are cheap but not good value for money at all.  I would love to spread the word of tyre safety and to get it be common practice for motorists to check their car tyres regularly just like cyclists and motorcyclists do.


In this blog I will be going back to basics, how to read your tyre size, check your tyres, how to save money by correctly maintaining your tyres.  I want to give people the confidence to know what they are looking for and be in control of their motoring.  Cars aren't just for men it's important women and especially new drivers are educated about these things.  I will also look at other motoring tips and anything else I think is useful really.  



Thanks for reading and I will be back soon...


Sophie x




This is the girl behind the blog....







No comments:

Post a Comment