Thursday 12 November 2015

The reason why we MUST check our tyres.....

My morning trip to our scrap tyre pile....

Well as mentioned previously I am reminded every day when I walk past our scrap tyre pile what a massive problem tyre safety is.  I thought I would share with you a few of the tyres I saw this morning, but to emphasise I see the same thing week in week out.  THIS IS SCARY


When checking your tyres it is important that you don't just check the edge but that you check it in several different places.  Don' just stand there and pretend to look, get down and really look, and feel and measure that tread!


This view of the tyre is what you would see when it is fitted to your car, looks ok doesn't it?




This next picture shows just how worn this tyre is on the inside, so without really looking you wouldn't see that!  This is an example of where the wheel alignment needs doing as this tyre has NOT worn evenly! 



On closer inspection of the picture below you can see the metal plies and cords of the tyre are exposed!  This is really dangerous and this motorist was lucky.  He failed his Mot because of this.




This motorist wasn't so lucky and his worn tyre resulted in a blow out on the motor way!  He is lucky to be here, but the damage to his rims is going to cost him a lot more than a new tyre would have!!


I can't stress enough the importance of checking your tyres, and tell your family and friends.  Please help to share this blog post and lets keep more drivers safe on our roads.

Thanks for reading

Sophie x

And just remember to any of my readers who are in the South East of England then here at Elite Garages we will do a FREE tyre safety check for you, as often as you would like it done.  www.elitegarages.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment